Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Titan

      Security Reminder   05/05/2017

      Be sure to set an in-game security pin to protect your account from being hijacked. Many databases have been leaked from previous servers, this information includes bank pins, passwords, etc. Make sure you do not use any same information from other websites or servers.
Vinny

The Future of Zamorak

Should we reset the economy?  

171 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we reset the economy?

    • Yes, please explain why
    • No, please explain why

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2017 at 11:00 PM

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Scott said:

A reset alone will never fix anything, you need to make alterations to prices, drops, npcs, shops ect and even then you will need to do more. Add those things that you suggested ingame and do the reset, the potential then is extraordinary. Believe me!

Indeed it will need a lot of changes. Still dont think its needed with a eco reset. Adding the store that you can sell/buy items for 10%less/more will help a lot. Adding some new npc's as well will help. Alot of people that have played for awhile will quit if it happens and i would rather keep these people then having all the 'rule breakers' back again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't agree with unbanning the RWT'rs or the ddos'ers ect. The rest is debatable as far as i can tell.

 

I think it is 100% needed, i have been of this opinion for a long time. The gap in prices is a joke as you could pvm for a 2k drop and its worth 200x less than another 2k drop. i get some items have more usability and should be worth more but not that much.

 

Also the small tier drops like dlegs make little to no difference, skilling supplies is worthless to be honest which off puts me skilling all together after im 99 in a skill or even 200m exp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I remember when I was active within the community, the economy was very unstable and frankly the pricing for everything was all over the place. Everything in the server is so expensive. If you plan to reset the server, I think you should either implement more money sinks or stabilize the cost of items. I'm unsure of the prices right now as I haven't played for a very long time, but from what I remember the economy isn't in a very good place (and hasn't been for a very long time). For those who are complaining about putting 'too much effort' into the server, put it this way - the server has been open for years and therefore people have been playing for a very long time. The economy is very unstable, and the prices and amount of items etc is out of hand. If Abdul were to keep the server's economy stable over the years then a reset wouldn't be necessary as nothing would be out of hand. I understand that you've put a lot of effort into your accounts but you must look at this situation from Zamorak's perspective (as a server).

 

A reset of the server wouldn't be a terrible idea, but (I'm assuming) there would be a large amount of players who will end up quitting due to not having the dedication to train up their stats or make their bank back. However, this could mean that more players join the server to get a fresh start like everyone else and try to become the richest player or first to achieve X (for example).

 

I do however feel as if you're taking this as an opportunity to unban every player once again. The last time this happened we ended up re-banning a lot of players and it negatively affected the community. A lot of players have had many chances on Zamorak and they constantly infect the community. This would obviously be a con to giving everyone another chance.

 

Personally I think a server reset would be somewhat beneficial to the server as a whole, but all of these veterans, rich players and staff members who are threatening to quit isn't very loyal or professional.

 

 

Jake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly just reset the server, 75% of people who play are thirsting for a new grind that the reset will bring. Nothing more fun then everyone starting all over again. Don’t care if I lose my donations either I’ll donate again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Atchet said:

From what I remember when I was active within the community, the economy was very unstable and frankly the pricing for everything was all over the place. Everything in the server is so expensive. If you plan to reset the server, I think you should either implement more money sinks or stabilize the cost of items. I'm unsure of the prices right now as I haven't played for a very long time, but from what I remember the economy isn't in a very good place (and hasn't been for a very long time). For those who are complaining about putting 'too much effort' into the server, put it this way - the server has been open for years and therefore people have been playing for a very long time. The economy is very unstable, and the prices and amount of items etc is out of hand. If Abdul were to keep the server's economy stable over the years then a reset wouldn't be necessary as nothing would be out of hand. I understand that you've put a lot of effort into your accounts but you must look at this situation from Zamorak's perspective (as a server).

 

A reset of the server wouldn't be a terrible idea, but (I'm assuming) there would be a large amount of players who will end up quitting due to not having the dedication to train up their stats or make their bank back. However, this could mean that more players join the server to get a fresh start like everyone else and try to become the richest player or first to achieve X (for example).

 

I do however feel as if you're taking this as an opportunity to unban every player once again. The last time this happened we ended up re-banning a lot of players and it negatively affected the community. A lot of players have had many chances on Zamorak and they constantly infect the community. This would obviously be a con to giving everyone another chance.

 

Personally I think a server reset would be somewhat beneficial to the server as a whole, but all of these veterans, rich players and staff members who are threatening to quit isn't very loyal or professional.

 

 

Jake.

I agree with the reset.

 

However i do not agree with management using this as an excuse to "unban every player once again." if this was the objective, they could just unban everyone and be done with it, giving out and removing sanctions are upto management and nothing to do with players, their opinions can be asked but eventually the decision is up to the management team. Might i add, i remember the mass unban in the past, i was here for it and it was not that bad (with an exception to one or two individuals) the server was booming and the rate at which offences went up was less than expected as people were grateful to have that second (tenth) chance.

 

Might i add that if any staff quits over the reset, i would not judge them in the slightest, they are volunteers, they do not get paid. People need to remember that fact and understand they are all just people at the end of the day.

 

Also which "jake" are you, you made it sound like you were staff in the past.

inb4 kingjake123 ^^

 

 

Veteran.pngScott 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 10:15 AM, John said:

Indeed it will need a lot of changes. Still dont think its needed with a eco reset. Adding the store that you can sell/buy items for 10%less/more will help a lot. Adding some new npc's as well will help. Alot of people that have played for awhile will quit if it happens and i would rather keep these people then having all the 'rule breakers' back again.

disagreed with you here john about the eco reset isn't needed. Question to you now. Is your bank on your multiple accounts one of the reasons for you not wanting this reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chizzy said:

disagreed with you here john about the eco reset isn't needed. Question to you now. Is your bank on your multiple accounts one of the reasons for you not wanting this reset?

It is indeed one of the reasons, since it took me roughly 7000 hour's to gain all that. Losing 7000 hour's of hard work & ton of time is not fun which probably everyone would agree on. However this is not the only reason why i don't think the eco-reset is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×