• Announcements

• Titan

Security Reminder   05/05/2017

Be sure to set an in-game security pin to protect your account from being hijacked. Many databases have been leaked from previous servers, this information includes bank pins, passwords, etc. Make sure you do not use any same information from other websites or servers.
Yesmad

Yesmad suggestions

What's the issue/idea?:   In-game events where the community is rewarded.

Argument/Why is this needed? A lot of people have been complaining the server needs an ECO reset, as no one sells or trades anymore due to people hoarding items. I feel its not needed as it can be prevented. 

How should this be implemented?: Staff members could hold a wide range of events such as pking events, skilling events and Pvming events, Also open it up to clan events to try make the "clan scene" more popular. once the event is complete, give 1st. 2nd and 3rd places rewards, or even just participation rewards depending on turn out. 
How rewards are decided The higher ranked staff could pass items down to the in-game staff, so then they can organise events in which to distribute sed items, suck as titan/vinny gives the staff 2 weeks worth of items for events and the staff hand them out during events for rewards, Or those admins can give rewards out of their own personal bank. 

Desired result:  To see staff do more in-game stuff to attract players and get players to be more active and not afk, also to repopulate the ECO as so many people hoard and the new players struggle to buy items, and prevent the ECO being reset as it would only benefit those who like to splash a lot of cash so they are hoarding eco again.

What's the issue/idea?: Update the zombie store.

Argument/Why is this needed? We have a really good mini game with really valuable items, but most of the items are all ready on high population in the server, so no one goes to zombies to grind for these awesome items anymore. 

How should this be implemented?:  Brining new items that are as useful as the current items into the server and adding them into the zombies mini-game reward shop

Desired result:  to see new items brought into the server and the zombies mini-game, and to see people playing the mini game more often, as its a great money maker that's not being used.

sorry if these ideas have been suggested already/ or are completely useless, but thank you for you're time.

Tbh I don’t really see a point of us giving out more items. We’ve given out a fair deal of items and somehow they still end up in some ”hoarders” bank. People will go and try their luck, rage bet and lose the items. Then complain that ppl hoard and that there are no items in game. Personally I dont find it that hard to buy or sell items, you just gotta be ready to pay for them.

John and Mystkitty host pking events from time to time, we’ve tried to host pking events but the interest hasn’t been there.

No matter if the eco resets or not there will always be ”hoarders” and persoanlly I don’t enjoy giving away items to people who say they need stuff, goes straight to gamble and either wins, or loses and quits. I’m all for helping new players out, but I’d rather reward them by tweaking droprates and so on instead of just handing out items.

Pretty much all of the staff members have given out several hundred billions and some even trillions from their own banks. My point is that I dont see a reason why we would spawn in more items into the eco or have us use our own banks simply because people are too lazy to pvm or play zombies.

Giving out trickster sets could very well be done, but that would completely ruin the purpose of the zombie minigame.

Ofc we won’t stop hosting giveaways, but I can’t support spawning in more items when u can choose by spending hours grinding for armour, making minigames more active and perhaps increase the overall pvm activity.

I feel like ideas like removing the vote point cost from zulrah would generate more blowpipes, serp helms etc as well as pure cash since it has a 5m drop every time u kill it, are better ways to do exactly what you’re trying to acheive.

Sorry for repeating myself so much, I did this while studying and kinda lost track a couple of times

10 minutes ago, Snax said:

Pretty much all of the staff members have given out several hundred billions and some even trillions from their own banks. My point is that I dont see a reason why we would spawn in more items into the eco or have us use our own banks simply because people are too lazy to pvm or play zombies.

I totally agree with the gambling thing, it upsets me to see people in items from giveaways, or events, and then go straight to gamble, because they usually win once or twice and end keep gambling until they lost a big profit and then end up quiting. for zombies I think the shop may need upgraded to bring back some interest back into it.

15 minutes ago, Snax said:

Ofc we won’t stop hosting giveaways, but I can’t support spawning in more items when u can choose by spending hours grinding for armour, making minigames more active and perhaps increase the overall pvm activity.

i'd love to see the pvm community become bigger, I feel as you said we would have to alter the drop rate, it would also be good to maybe see some new boss's that you cant kill solo, so this forces people to team up and also creating more of a community.

24 minutes ago, Snax said:

Pretty much all of the staff members have given out several hundred billions and some even trillions from their own banks.

I couldn't thank you guys enough for this, because if it wasn't for giveaways I wouldn't be very rich, my drop luck for pvm'ing is next to none, and as someone who doesn't gamble, as I'm to tight to lose anything, I just cant wrap my head around how people can make t+ in 5 seconds by planting 5 flowers and yet you see people Pvm'ing for days upon days and get one drop that's 6b. yes the risk of gambling is WAY higher, but it always ends up to the same few players, until one of the rich players cleans another rich player, he quits, one less person on the server and one more person holds more of the eco and will only gamble it away.

btw I really appreciate the feed back.

I agree with parts of what both you and Snax have mentioned. It'd be great to see drop rates tweaked and adjustments to some of the non-donor / non-wildy bosses such as Zulrah and Kraken. I'm uncertain how I'd feel about the zombies shop getting revamped but given how hard it has been to find a team of 4 people with max gear, I think it wouldn't be the worst of ideas. 

Now onto money, Snax described it quite accurately tbf. The vast majority of people, when they obtain instant money from our giveaway, go straight to ::gamble. We cannot prevent them from gambling; their items, their choice. Players gambling the items that were once in our respective banks and losing those items to the luckiest gamblers is actually what constitutes part of the reason why it has become harder to buy stuff: if we did not give items away and instead sold them to players who desired to buy them, the eco would function a lot smoother. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Cheers,

Fawk

I agree with giveaways, but it isn't limited to staff, rsps is a community thing, and it's only going to rise back to its former glory through the community 

6 hours ago, Snax said:

Tbh I don’t really see a point of us giving out more items. We’ve given out a fair deal of items and somehow they still end up in some ”hoarders” bank. People will go and try their luck, rage bet and lose the items. Then complain that ppl hoard and that there are no items in game. Personally I dont find it that hard to buy or sell items, you just gotta be ready to pay for them.

John and Mystkitty host pking events from time to time, we’ve tried to host pking events but the interest hasn’t been there.

No matter if the eco resets or not there will always be ”hoarders” and persoanlly I don’t enjoy giving away items to people who say they need stuff, goes straight to gamble and either wins, or loses and quits. I’m all for helping new players out, but I’d rather reward them by tweaking droprates and so on instead of just handing out items.

Giving out trickster sets could very well be done, but that would completely ruin the purpose of the zombie minigame.

I feel like ideas like removing the vote point cost from zulrah would generate more blowpipes, serp helms etc as well as pure cash since it has a 5m drop every time u kill it, are better ways to do exactly what you’re trying to acheive.

Sorry for repeating myself so much, I did this while studying and kinda lost track a couple of times

I'm pretty much on Par with what snax has said. 

3 hours ago, Fawk said:

I agree with parts of what both you and Snax have mentioned. It'd be great to see drop rates tweaked and adjustments to some of the non-donor / non-wildy bosses such as Zulrah and Kraken. I'm uncertain how I'd feel about the zombies shop getting revamped but given how hard it has been to find a team of 4 people with max gear, I think it wouldn't be the worst of ideas. 

Now onto money, Snax described it quite accurately tbf. The vast majority of people, when they obtain instant money from our giveaway, go straight to ::gamble. We cannot prevent them from gambling; their items, their choice. Players gambling the items that were once in our respective banks and losing those items to the luckiest gamblers is actually constitutes part of the reason why it has become harder to buy stuff: if we did not give items away and instead sold them to players who desired to buy them, the eco would function a lot smoother. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Cheers,

Fawk

My sentiments exactly. 

The problem isn't people "hoarding" it's the lack of small transaction since nothing is lost on death the need for food pots low end gear u don't care about loosing such As barrows and other items isn't there or very little need to buy, this leads to less transactions between players and leaves only high end items to be purchased regularly and lets be honest unless your a "hoarder" you will only ever buy 1 of a set then your good so for instence if you have a deathcape and full trickster and blowpipe technically u never have to buy anything again your set. hoarders if anything they are the main reason people still buy stuff I know people like Yce who has a huge bank buys stuff all the time for the sake of hoarding if he didn't the people he bought it off one might still be shouting sellin xxxxx at home. Furthermore We NEED a steady flow of items OUT if the game to cause a vacuum of item disapation to bring in a new flow of purchases to sustain the new drop off of items. It's basic economic.

The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics. Thomas Sowell